Monday, November 23, 2015

Happy Holidays With A Touch Of Bling

My dear friend gave me this stamp and I couldn't wait to use it.  It is Poinsettias & Berries from Great Impressions Stamps 


For the background I used an embossing folder by Jennifer Ellory that I got from Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine .  It is gorgeous and the perfect way to showcase the poinsettias stamp.  Now for the image....I stamped it three times and colored it with Spectrom Noir markers.  Then I cut out one leaving it whole.  The next one I cut out leaving off the leaves and a few petals.  And the third one I only cut out the few center petals of each flower.  You can judge for yourself how you want to cut them to layer them.  I put the layers together using 3D Foam Squares....one under the center of each flower giving it dimension, and leaving the leaves and petals free.  For the berries I added a litle BLING :)
The Happy Holidays stamp is from the "Just To Say" Cricut Collection stamp set from Close To My Heart .  I think it all came together BEAUTIFULLY.

Here is a side view so you can see the dimension...


And here is a CAS version using the same stamp...



To see more awesome images check out Great Impressions Stamps 
They have an amazing variety of stamps in both cling and wood.

And you can bet I'm entering this in 
Great Impressions November Challenge - Bling On The Holidays!
Simon Says - Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's - Christmas Challenge Extra - November


Thank you for stopping by and...
HAPPY CRAFTING!!!



14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie!!! And guess what....YOU ARE MY WINNER FROM THE SUNSATIONAL STAMPS BLOG HOP!!!! Contact me with your e-mail address so I can send you your free digi image :) Hugs...Janie

      Delete
  2. This is amazing!!! I love your coloring and the 3D layering--so effective on this image. The embossing folder is the perfect frame!

    Toni
    GI DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toni thank you sooooo much for your sweet comments. That stamp just had "layer me" written all over it....hee hee hee.....and I love to make things dimensional :) Hugs...Janie

      Delete
  3. A fabulous card, a lovely design and colour scheme........your poinsettia is stunning with super layers!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janie, WOW. This is absolutely STUNNING, friend! I LOVE the gorgeous embossed frame around this image--and your coloring is just so beautiful! The green frame is equally amazing! Fabulous creations! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mynn....it really means a lot to me that you like it :) Hugs...Janie

      Delete
  5. hello! wow, what dimension, these poinsettias are stunning...luv this! thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa thank you so much for your sweet comments....I truly appreciate them :) Hugs...Janie

      Delete
  6. Both cards are just sensational. I really love the one with the embossing around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow so beautiful, thank you for joining CHNC EXTRA CHALLENGE
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much...it was my first time using a Great Impressions stamp and it was perfect for layering :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete